How to verify Backup in Windows 2003
Even though backups are a lot easier to do and more
reliable with WS03, you should still take the time to make
sure they have been properly performed. To do so, you
need to view the backup log on each file server. To check
1. Use the Global MMC Console to open a Remote
Desktop Connection to the server you want to verify.
2. Launch the Backup tool in Advanced View (Quick
Launch Area | Backup).
3. Use Tool | Report to view reports.
4. Select the appropriate report from the Backup
Reports dialog box and click on View.
5. Search for the word Error in the report log.
If you find errors, determine if it is a critical file and use
the Windows Explorer to see why the file wasnâ€™t backed
up or if it needs to be recovered. Make note of the results
of your investigation in your Daily Activity Lo