How to configure Gmail on Microsoft Outlook
The following steps will explain about configuring gmail on Microsoft Outlook. First you have to enable POP for gmail Email ID.
You can retrieve your Gmail messages with a client or device that supports POP, like Microsoft Outlook or Netscape Mail.
To enable POP in Gmail:
- Sign in to Gmail.
- Click Settings at the top of any Gmail page.
- Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Select Enable POP for all mail or Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on.
- Choose the action you’d like your Gmail messages to take after they are accessed with POP.
- Configure your POP client* and click Save Changes.
Follow the instructions below to set up POP access in Outlook 2007
To configure Outlook 2007 for your Gmail address:
- Enable pop , Don’t forget to click Save Changes when you’re done.
- Open Outlook.
- Click the Tools menu, and select Account Settings…
- On the E-mail tab, click New…
- If you are prompted to Choose E-mail Service, select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP, and click Next.
- Fill in all necessary fields to include the following information:Your Name: Enter your name as you would like it to appear in the From: field of outgoing messages.
Email Address: Enter your full Gmail email address (firstname.lastname@example.org). Google Apps users, enter your full address in the format username@your_domain.com.
Password: Enter your email password.
Manually configure server settings or additional server types: Leave this option unchecked if you want to automatically configure Outlook 2007. If you want to manually configure Outlook 2007, check this box now. Google Apps users should configure manually as follows.
- Click Next. If you are configuring Outlook 2007 automatically, you’re done! Just click Finish.
- If you are configuring Outlook 2007 manually, select Internet E-mail and click Next.
- Verify your User Information, and enter the following additional information:Server Information
Account Type: POP3
Incoming mail server: pop.gmail.com (Google Apps users, enter the server names provided, don’t add your domain name in these steps)
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.gmail.com
User Name: Enter your Gmail username (including @gmail.com). Google Apps users, enter your full address in the format username@your_domain.com
Password: Enter your email password.
Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA): Leave this option unchecked.
- Click the More Settings… button, and select the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check the box next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Click the Advanced tab, and check the box next to This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) under Incoming Server (POP3).
- In the Outgoing server (SMTP) box, enter 587, and select TLS from the drop-down menu next to Use the following type of encrypted connection:.
- Click OK.
- Click Test Account Settings… After receiving ‘Congratulations! All tests completed successfully’, click Close.
- Click Next, and then click Finish.
Congratulations! You’re done configuring your client to send and retrieve Gmail messages.
7 Responses to “How to configure Gmail on Microsoft Outlook”
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- Alerts & News
- Audio and Video
- Browsers and Plugins
- Build Tools
- Cisco IOS Command Reference
- Citrix NetScaler
- Cleaning and Tweaking
- Data recovery
- Drivers Download
- Encryption Software
- Exchange Server
- File Management
- Firefox Add-ons
- Free ebooks
- Free software downloads
- Free Tools
- Google Plus
- Help Desk software
- Latest Product & Technologies
- Linux Commands
- Load Balancer
- Messaging and Chat
- Mobile Development
- Networking Software
- Office and News
- Open Source
- OpenSource Applications
- Popular downloads
- Project Management Software
- Red Hat
- Remote Access
- Sci-Tech Education
- SEO Tools
- Server OS
- Service Pack
- social networking
- Software Development
- Sun Solaris
- System Tuning
- Tech Guru
- Technology News
- Version Control
- Video Tutorial
- Virtual Machine Applications
- Website Promotion
- Windows Commands
- Zend Studio
- The best memcached Monitoring tool
- Is Thin Clients are Useful for Call center ?
- A new Email Service from Microsoft called Outlook.com
- How to Detect Back Links from spam websites
- How to Ignore Replication errors in MySQL