How to Create a Shutdown Shortcut on Your Desktop
Below you will find instructions on how to create such a shortcut on your desktop. You can also view the one pager by clicking on the pic tutorial icon. As always comments/suggestions are always welcome.
1.Right-click yourÂ Desktop ComputerÂ and selectÂ New > ShortcutÂ from the drop down menu
2. In the browse box type:Â SHUTDOWN -s -t 01, clickÂ Next
3. Type a desired name for your shortcut, clickÂ Finish
4. After completing this step, you should have a new shortcut on your desktop that allows you to shut down your computer by simply clicking on it.
5. When done verify function of the shortcut by double-clicking on it.
A neat thing you can do after this is to right-click the shortcut and select â€˜propertiesâ€™. Then click â€˜change iconâ€™ and select the â€˜power on/offâ€™ icon to represent the shortcut. Now it really looks the part doesnâ€™t it!!
Latest posts by Editor (see all)
- How to Show files by size, biggest last- Linux Commands - January 21, 2011
- How to test for unreadable blocks on disk- Linux Commands - January 21, 2011
- How to Do a read speed test on disk sda – Linux Commands - January 21, 2011