One of the great things about SCSI technology, besides plug & play that actually works, is the ability to plug in or turn on a SCSI device and use it without having to restart your computer. However, since Windows doesn’t automatically refresh your SCSI card, you have to do it manually when connecting devices. Here’s how (after you’ve connected and turned on the device):Â
- Right-click on My Computer, and select Properties.
- Click the Â Device Manager tab, and select Computer at the top of the list.
- Important: Click on View devices by connection.
- Press Refresh. This will take several seconds, but the new device(s) should appear in the list.
- If you don’t see the new device, choose View devices by connection, find your SCSI card in the list, and expand it out to see all the devices attached to it.Â