How to Enable PPTP Clients to Connect Through an ISA Firewall
To allow internal clients to create PPTP connections to an endpoint on the public side of an ISA firewall, you have to explicitly configure the PPTP pass through in the ISA Management program.
To enable PPTP client connections through an ISA firewall, follow these steps:
- Start the ISA Management program, and then clickÂ Access Policy.
- Right-clickÂ IP Packet Filters, and then clickÂ Properties.
- On theÂ GeneralÂ tab, click to selectÂ Enable IP Routing.
- On theÂ PPTPÂ tab, click to select theÂ PPTP through ISA firewallÂ box.
This enables PPTP through the ISA server, and creates a filter labeled, “SecureNAT PPTP”. By doing so, PPTP sessions can be created through the firewall.
Note: You will not be able to use a PPTP connection by using either the Winsock Proxy Client, or the ISA Firewall Client. Clients will require a Gateway address to provide a network route through the ISA server for PPTP connections to be made successfully.
Latest posts by Editor (see all)
- How to Show files by size, biggest last- Linux Commands - January 21, 2011
- How to test for unreadable blocks on disk- Linux Commands - January 21, 2011
- How to Do a read speed test on disk sda – Linux Commands - January 21, 2011