Valid email rejected by Reputation or RBL lookup – Websense
“relays.ordb.org” wasÂ a popular RBL that went out of service in December 2006.Â It returned to service March 3, 2008.Â Its return to service can and has caused significant problems becauseÂ IP Addresses listed in their RBL can be outdated, which affects the performance of security devices that utilize RBLs.
Websense Email Security andÂ SurfControl E-mail Filter installations that use “relays.ordb.org” in the Reputation/DNS Blacklist service may experience the following problems:
- The blacklist, RBL, or reputation service blocks all or most email
- All email is refused as SPAM
- There is no inbound email
Error Messages: (Detailed)
Remove “relays.ordb.org” from the RBL configuration of any security devices in your network.
To remove “relays.ordb.org” from the Reputation/DNS Blacklist configuration ofÂ Websense Email SecurityÂ or SurfControl E-mail Filter, perform the following:
- Open the Monitor.
- SelectÂ File > Server Configuration.
- SelectÂ Reputation/DNS Blacklist. In older versions this may be listed asÂ Realtime Blackhole lists/RBL.
- If “relays.ordb.org” is listed, select it and clickÂ Delete.
- ClickÂ Confirm Delete and then clickÂ OK.
- Confirm Restart of Services.