What are the Requirements for phpbb
phpBB3 has a few requirements which must be met before you are able to install and use it.
- A webserver or web hosting account running on any major Operating System with support for PHP
- A SQL database system,Â one of:
- MySQL 3.23 or above (MySQLi supported)
- PostgreSQL 7.3+
- SQLite 2.8.2+
- Firebird 2.0+
- MS SQL Server 2000 or above (directly or via ODBC)
- PHP 4.3.3+ (>=4.3.3, >4.4.x, >5.x.x, >6.0-dev (compatible)) with support for the database you intend to use.
- getimagesize() function need to be enabled.
- These optional presence of the following modules within PHP will provide access to additional features, but they are not required.
- zlib Compression support
- Remote FTP support
- XML support
- Imagemagick support
- GD Support
If your server or hosting account does not meet the requirements above we are afraid phpBB3 is not for you.
I am a highly successful, competent team member with a background of extensive hands-on project implementation experience. My success has been both internal to the companies to which I’ve contributed and external to clients and customers.Having the knowledge of setting up efficient & cost effective technology solutions, internet innovations, large scale IT implementations, helps me to find out the unique one in the way of my career.
Latest posts by Gishore James (see all)
- Microsoft Office for iPhone – Changing Strategy of Microsoft - June 16, 2013
- Guidelines for International websites from Google - June 13, 2013
- Google is to Change the rankings of smartphone search results - June 12, 2013