Dated : December 4, 2009
- Go theÂ Control Panel.
- ClickÂ Network and Internet, thenÂ Network and Sharing Center, thenÂ Manage network connections.
- Select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS. For example:
- To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, right-clickÂ Local Area Connection, and clickÂ Properties.
- To change the settings for a wireless connection, right-click Wireless Network Connection, and clickÂ Properties.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Select theÂ Networking tab. UnderÂ This connection uses the following items, clickÂ Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), and then clickÂ Properties.
- ClickÂ Advanced and select theÂ DNS tab. If there are any DNS server IP addresses listed there, write them down for future reference, and remove them from this window.
- ClickÂ OK.
- SelectÂ Use the following DNS server addresses. If there are any IP addresses listed in theÂ Preferred DNS server orÂ Alternate DNS server, write them down for future reference.
- Replace those addresses with the IP addresses of the Google DNS servers:Â 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11.
- Restart the connection you selected in step 3.