Dated : December 4, 2009
- In theÂ System menu, clickÂ Preferences, then clickÂ Network Connections.
- Select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS. For example:
- To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, select theÂ Wired tab, then select your network interface in the list. It is usually calledÂ eth0.
- To change the settings for a wireless connection, select theÂ Wireless tab, then select the appropriate wireless network.
- ClickÂ Edit, and in the window that appears, select theÂ IPv4 Settings tab.
- If the selected method isÂ Automatic (DHCP), open the dropdown and selectÂ Automatic (DHCP) addresses only instead. If the method is set to something else, do not change it.
- In theÂ DNS servers field, enter the Google Public DNS IP addresses, separated by a space: 126.96.36.199Â Â 188.8.131.52
- ClickÂ Apply to save the change. If you are prompted for a password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.