How to Set up a Repeater for Solr Replication
To configure a server as a repeater, both the master and slave configuration lists need to be present inside the ReplicationHandler requestHandler in the solrconfig.xml file.
- Be sure to have replicateAfter ‘commit’ setup on repeater even if replicateAfter is set to optimize on the main master. This is because on a repeater (or any slave), only a commit is called after index is downloaded. Optimize is never called on slaves.
- Optionally, one can configure the repeater to fetch compressed files from the master through the ‘compression’ parameter (see ‘slave’ section for details) to reduce the index download time.
Example configuration of a repeater:
<requestHandler name="/replication"> <lst name="master"> <str name="replicateAfter">commit</str> <str name="confFiles">schema.xml,stopwords.txt,synonyms.txt</str> </lst> <lst name="slave"> <str name="masterUrl">http://master.solr.company.com:8080/solr/replication</str> <str name="pollInterval">00:00:60</str> </lst> </requestHandler>
Also See How to set up Solr Replication
Latest posts by Editor (see all)
- How to Show files by size, biggest last- Linux Commands - January 21, 2011
- How to test for unreadable blocks on disk- Linux Commands - January 21, 2011
- How to Do a read speed test on disk sda – Linux Commands - January 21, 2011