How to build PHP with Apache 1.3.
This is actually quite easy. Follow these steps carefully:
- Grab the latest Apache 1.3 distribution fromÂ Â» http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi.
- Ungzip and untar it somewhere, for exampleÂ /usr/local/src/apache-1.3.
- Compile PHP by first runningÂ ./configure –with-apache=/<path>/apache-1.3 (substitute <path> for the actual path to your apache-1.3 directory).
- TypeÂ make followed byÂ make install to build PHP and copy the necessary files to the Apache distribution tree.
- Change directories into to yourÂ /<path>/apache-1.3/src directory and edit theÂ Configuration file. Add to the file:Â AddModule modules/php4/libphp4.a.
- Type:Â ./configure followed byÂ make.
- You should now have a PHP-enabled httpd binary!
Note: You can also use the new ApacheÂ ./configure script. See the instructions in theÂ README.configure file which is part of your Apache distribution. Also have a look at theÂ INSTALL file in the PHP distribution.