Sarg – Squid Analysis Report Generator is a tool that allow you to view “where” your users are going to on the Internet. Sarg provides many informations about Squid users activities: times, bytes, sites, etc…
Steps to install and view Squid Report Generator
1) Download http://sourceforge.net/projects/sarg/files/sarg/sarg-2.3.1/sarg-2.3.1.tar.gz/download
2) tar Â -zxvf Â sarg-22.214.171.124.tar.gz
3) cd Â sarg-126.96.36.199
4) run ./configure –prefix=/usr/local –bindir=/usr/bin –sysconfdir=/usr/local/sarg Â –enable-sargphp=/var/www/html –mandir=/usr/local/man/man1
6) make install
7) Go to /usr/local/sarg (or file entered with –sysconfdir on configure) and change sarg.conf as you need.
8) Notes about sarg:
Every minute that a request is logged your time is incremented by the smaller of 1 minute or the total time for the
Usage: sarg -h
9) Type â€˜sargâ€™ at root to generate reports
10) If you don’t want to ssh into the Squid box to run SARG every time you need a Squid/SARG report, you could use
Webmin or alternatively create a Cron job to create regular reports for later perusal.
10) To see report from browser give adddress http://yourwebserver.net/squid-reports