You can use this procedure to assign a server-based option.
Membership in the Domain Admins group, or equivalent, is the minimum required to complete this procedure.
To assign a server-based option
- Open DHCP.
- In the console tree, clickÂ Server Options.
- On theÂ Action menu, clickÂ Configure Options.
- In the list of available options, select the check box for the first option you want to configure.
- UnderÂ Data entry, type the information required for this option.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for any other server options you want to specify, and then clickÂ OK.
- In addition, you can click theÂ Advanced tab and specify additional server options to be applied for members of select user or vendor classes only.
Options assigned at this level are only provided to clients identified as members of the classes specified at this tab.
Server options are inherited as default values for all scopes created at the applicable DHCP server. Option values you configure here are overridden by any scope-based or client-based values assigned for the same options.
- How to Authorize a DHCP Server in AD DS
- How to Import the DHCP database from Windows 2003 Server to Windows Server 2008-based computer
- How to Set DHCP Server Bindings for Network Connections
- How to Install DHCP under Windows Server 2008
- How to setup and configure Cisco router as a basic DHCP server