You Cannot Connect to the Internet After You Connect to a VPN Server
This issue may occur if you configure the VPN connection to use the default gateway on the remote network. This setting overrides the default gateway settings that you specify in your Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) settings.
To resolve this issue, configure the client computers to use the default gateway setting on the local network for Internet traffic
Configure the VPN Client TCP/IP Properties
To disable theÂ Use Default Gateway on Remote Network setting in the VPN dial-up connection item on the client computer:
- Double-clickÂ My Computer, and then click theÂ Network and Dial-up Connection slink.
- Right-click the VPN connection that you want to change, and then clickÂ Properties.
- Click theÂ Networking tab, clickÂ Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) in theÂ Components checked are used by this connection list, and then clickÂ Properties.
- ClickÂ Advanced, and then click to clear theÂ Use default gateway on remote network check box.
- ClickÂ OK, clickÂ OK, and then clickÂ OK.
Latest posts by Dinesh (see all)
- How to add additional storage to your AWS server – A step by step Guide - June 7, 2011
- How to solve #2002 Cannot log in to the MySQL server error in phpMyAdmin - June 1, 2011
- How to save downloaded packages from yum? - May 19, 2011