How to Tag a Volume – Amazon EC2 Instance
Tags are metadata you can add to a volume. Each tag consists of a key and an optional value. Â Add tags to your volume to simplify the administration of your EC2 infrastructure. A form of metadata, tags consist of a case-sensitive key/value pair, are stored in the cloud and are private to your account. You can create user-friendly names that help you organize, search, and browse your resources. For example, you could define a tag with key = Name and value = CRMwebroot. You can add up to 10 unique keys to each volume along with an optional value for each key.
To tag a volume
- Select the volume in the list.
- On theÂ Tags tab in the lower pane, clickAdd/Edit Tags.
- Enter a key and an optional value for each tag you want to add, and clickÂ Save Tags.
Latest posts by Gishore James (see all)
- Microsoft Office for iPhone – Changing Strategy of Microsoft - June 16, 2013
- Guidelines for International websites from Google - June 13, 2013
- Google is to Change the rankings of smartphone search results - June 12, 2013