Dated : June 2, 2011
Here are some ways to improve your security when using Google products:
- EnableÂ 2-step verification. This Gmail feature uses a phone and second password on sign-in, and it protected some accounts from this attack. So check outÂ this video on setting up 2-step verification.
- Use aÂ strong password for Google that you do not use on any other site. Hereâ€™s aÂ video to help.
- Enter your password only into a proper sign-in prompt on aÂ https://www.google.com domain. We willnever ask you to email your password or enter it into a form that appears within an email message. Hereâ€™s aÂ video with more advice.
- Check your Gmail settings for suspiciousÂ forwarding addresses orÂ delegated accounts
- Watch for the red warnings aboutÂ suspicious account activity that may appear on top of your Gmail inbox.
- Review the security features offered by theÂ Chrome browser. If you donâ€™t already use Chrome, consider switching your browser to Chrome.
- Explore otherÂ security recommendations and aÂ video with tips on how to stay safe across the web.
- Soon 2-step verification for your Google Account
- Beware about Google Account Verification – Fraud Mail to hack your Gmail
- Google Chrome 10.0.612.3 Beta- Browser that combines minimal design with sophisticated technology
- Google Chrome 8.0.552.23 Beta -The latest browser that took the World by storm!
- Google Chrome 10.0.642.2 Beta