The difference betweenÂ eCPMÂ (effective cost per thousand impressions) andÂ RPMÂ (revenue per thousand impressions), as the older AdSense interface references eCPM and the newer version shows RPM. Weâ€™d like to clarify and let you know that the terms are referring to the same thing: both eCPM and RPM represent your estimated earnings for every 1000 impressions. To calculate this figure, divide your estimated earnings by the number of page views, impressions or queries that you received, then multiply by 1000. For example, if you earned an estimated $0.20 from 50 page views, then your page eCPM or RPM would equal ($0.20 / 50) * 1000 or $4.00.
eCPM or RPM = (Estimated earnings / Number of page views) * 1000
- Learn AdSense optimization techniques with new video series
- How to Defragment an Exchange Server 5.5 database
- How do I implement Adsense for search results on my own page?
- Stocks climb as corporate earnings come in ahead of expectations; revenue still falls short
- Some Information about AdSense ads and site speed