ADefHelpDesk implements all the standard features of a conventional Help Desk program and introduces unlimited nested Tags and easy to use search to provide for most customization needs.
The Best Help Desk Program Possible
A Help Desk should allow you to handle issues that you need to resolve. Thatâ€™s it. Yes, it could do â€œother thingsâ€ but those â€œother thingsâ€ start to stray into other areas such as CRM (customer relationship management). CRM tracks your associations with current and prospective customers. â€œProspective customersâ€ means a customer who may not necessarily want to have any interaction with you. A Help Desk is only for people who do want you to do something and they may not even be customers.
A Help Desk Handles Issues
Letâ€™s call a Help Desk issue a Ticket. This is the life of a Ticket:
- Take a New Ticket – This can be a visitor entering a new Ticket on the website or a Support Desk employee entering a Ticket while on the phone with a Requestor.
- Route Ticket -A Ticket needs to be assigned to someone. With ADefHelpDesk a Ticket is always assigned to a group. One or more people can be members of a group.
- Work on Ticket – When a Ticket is assigned to a group, it is important to capture what work was done. You also want to capture communication with the Requestor.
- Resolve The Ticket â€“ How do you know when the work is complete? Is the Status set to Closed or Resolved? Do you enter a date in the Completed Date field? ADefHelpDesk lets you decide. The program does not dictate how you should behave.
Customizing the Help Desk Ticket
A Help Desk Ticket that needs to accomplish the tasks outlined above usually requires the following fields: Status, Requestor, Assigned Group, and Comments (with file attachments).
In addition, the following fields are standard on most Help Desk applications: Priority, Due Date, Estimated Hours, Start Date, and Complete Date.
The question that arises is, â€œHow do we capture important custom information such as cost center and billing type?â€ Most Help Desk applications allow you to define custom fields that will appear on the Help Desk Ticket. The problems that this can cause are:
- The Help Desk becomes difficult to configure. What if you don’t set it up right?
- If options are added and later removed how will you find Tickets in the system?
- The screen becomes large and users frequently have to scroll the page just to look at a Ticket.
ADefHelpDesk provides these solutions:
- Nested Categories â€“ Unlimited levels of nested categories allow for hundreds of categories to be easily grouped and understood. With ADefHelpDesk a Ticket can be tagged with an unlimited number of categories that are determined by the Administrator. Go ahead and create a category and then move it to another position. The Tickets don’t lose their association. If you delete a category you can still find the Tickets with the full text search.
- Full Text Search â€“ If you enter â€œCost Center: 1245â€ you will be able to find all Tickets with that entered in any description or comment field.
More Details Visit www.adefhelpdesk.com