Adobe AIR offers an exciting new way to engage customers with innovative, branded applications, without requiring changes to existing technology, people, or processes.
Companies like eBay and AOL are using Adobe AIR to create exciting new applications that allow you to use their services on your desktop.
In short, Adobe AIR means applications that are easier, more powerful, and more fun to use.
Key features of AIR 2 include:
- Enhanced support for interacting with printers (beta 2)
- Support for TLS/SSL socket communication (beta 2)
- Support for the detection of mass storage devices.
- Advanced networking capabilities like secure sockets, UDP support, and the ability to listen on sockets.
- Support for native code integration.
- The ability to open a file with its default application.
- Multi-touch and gesture support.
- New APIs for access to raw microphone data.
- Webkit update with HTML5/CSS3 support.
- Global error handling.
- Improved cross-platform printing
- Improved security and support for enterprise and government standards.