IPCop Linux is a complete Linux Distribution. Its sole purpose in life is to protect the network that it is installed on. By implementing existing technology, outstanding new technology and secure programming practices, IPCop is the Linux Distribution for those wanting to keep their computers/networks safe and sound.
- A secure, stable and highly configurable Linux based firewall
- Easy administration through the built in web server
- A DHCP client that allows IPCop to, optionally, obtain its IP address from your ISP
- A DHCP server that can help configure machines on your internal network
- A caching DNS proxy, to help speed up Domain Name queries
- A web caching proxy, to speed up web access
- An intrusion detection system to detect external attacks on your network
- The ability to partition your network into a GREEN, safe, network protected from the Internet, a BLUE network for your wireless LAN and a DMZ or ORANGE network containing publicly accessible servers, partially protected from the Internet
- A VPN capability that allows you to connect your internal network to another network across the Internet, forming a single logical network or to securely connect PCs on your BLUE, wireless, network to the wired GREEN network
- Traffic shaping capabilities to give highest priority to interactive services such as ssh and telnet, high priority to web browsing, and lower priority to bulk services such as FTP.
- Improved VPN support with x509 certificates.
- Built from the ground up withÂ ProPolice to prevent stack smashing attacks in all applications.
- A choice of four kernel configurations, allowing you to choose an optimum configuration for your circumstances.
For Install and Other Details visitÂ http://www.ipcop.org/1.4.0/en/install/html/