Apple today introduced iPad 2, featuring an entirely new design that is 33 percent thinner and up to 15 percent lighter than the original iPad while maintaining the same 9.7-inch LED-backlit LCD screen and up to 10 hours of battery life. iPad 2 also features Appleâ€™s new dual-core A5 processor for blazing-fast performance and stunning graphics and now includes two cameras â€” a front-facing VGA camera for FaceTime and Photo Booth and a rear-facing camera that captures 720p HD video.
iPad 2 is available in black or white, features models that run on AT&Tâ€™s and Verizonâ€™s 3G networks, and introduces the innovative iPad 2 Smart Cover in a range of colors. iPad 2 will be available on March 11 in the US through the Apple Online Store, Apple Retail Stores, and select Apple Authorized Resellers.
Apple iPad 2 features:
- 9.7 inch LED-backlit LCD screen
- New dual-core A5 processor for improved performance and stunning graphicsÂ Comes with iOS 4.3
- Dual Camera: front-facing VGA camera for FaceTime and Photo Booth and a rear-facing 5 MP camera that captures 720p HD video
- PhotoBooth which lets you apply fun visual effects, including eight photo special effects like Squeeze, Twirl and Kaleidoscope, to photos captured by either camera.
- Available in 2 colors black or white
- compatible with iPad 2 Smart Cover
- compatible with AT&Tâ€™s and Verizonâ€™s 3G networks â€“ GSM and CDMA
- HDMI Video Mirroring with optional accessory