ArgoUML is the leading open source UML modeling tool and includes support for all standard UML 1.4 diagrams. It runs on any Java platform and is available in ten languages.
ArgoUML is a powerful yet easy-to-use interactive, graphical software design environment that supports the design, development and documentation of object-oriented software applications.
If you are familiar with a family of software applications called Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools then you should find ArgoUML instantly familiar.
The users of ArgoUML are software designers & architects, software developers, business analysts, systems analysts and other professionals involved in the analysis, design and development of software applications. Main features:
- Open standards: XMI, SVG and PGML
- 100% Platform independent thanks to the exclusive use of Java
- Open Source, which allows extending or customizeing.
- Cognitive features like: reflection-in-action, opportunistic design, comprehension and problem solving
- Any Operating System that supports Java.
- 15MB of free disk storage space on your hard disk.
- Mouse (or other pointing device) and a Keyboard.
- Java JRE or JDK version 5 or higher.