AWStats is anÂ open sourceÂ Web analytics reportingÂ tool, suitable for analyzingÂ data fromInternet services such asÂ web,Â streaming media,Â mail andÂ FTP servers.Â AWStats parses and analyzesÂ server log files, producingÂ HTML reports
AWStats is aÂ free powerful and featurefulÂ tool thatÂ generates advanced web,Â streaming,Â ftp orÂ mailserver statistics, graphically. ThisÂ log analyzer works as aÂ CGI or from command line and shows you all possible information your log contains, inÂ few graphicalÂ web pages. It uses a partial information file to be able to process large log files, often and quickly. It can analyze log files from all majorÂ server tools like Apache log files (NCSA combined/XLF/ELF log format or common/CLF log format), WebStar, IIS (W3C log format) and a lot of otherÂ web, proxy, wap,Â streaming servers,Â mail servers and someÂ ftpservers.
Key Features ofÂ AWStats:
* Can analyze a lot of log formats: Apache NCSA combined log files (XLF/ELF) or common (CLF), IIS log files (W3C), WebStar native log files and otherÂ web, proxy, wap orÂ streaming servers log files (but alsoftp orÂ mail log files).
* Works from command line and from a browser as a CGI (with dynamic filters capabilities for some charts),
* Update ofÂ statistics can be made from aÂ web browser and not only from your scheduler,
* Unlimited log file size, support split log files (load balancing system),
* Support â€˜not correctly sortedâ€™ log files even for entry and exit pages,
* Reverse DNS lookup before or during analysis, support DNS cache files,
* Plugin for country detection from IP location (useÂ geoip country database or client domain name),
* Plugin for city detection from IP location (useÂ geoip city database),
* Plugins for US/Canadian Region , ISP and/or Organizations reports (require non free third productÂ geoipregion,Â geoipisp and/orÂ geoiporg database)
* WhoIS links,
* A lot of options/filters and plugins can be used,
* Multi-namedÂ web sites supported (virtual servers, great forÂ web-hosting providers),
* Cross Site Scripting Attacks protection,
* Several languages.
* No need of rare perl libraries. All basic perl interpreters can makeÂ AWStats working,
* Dynamic reports as CGI output.
* Static reports in one or framed HTML/XHTML pages, experimental PDF export,
* Look and colors can match your site design, can use CSS,
* Help and tooltips on HTML reported pages,
* Easy to use (Just one configuration file to edit),
* Analysis database can be stored in XML format for XSLT processing,
* A Webmin module,
* Absolutely free (even forÂ web hosting providers), with sources (GNU General Public License),
* Available on all platforms,
*Â AWStats has aÂ XML Portable Application Description.
A full log analysis enablesÂ AWStats to show you the following information:
*Â Number ofÂ visits, and number ofÂ unique visitors,
*Â Visits duration and last visits,
*Â Authenticated users, and last authenticated visits,
*Â Days of week andÂ rush hours (pages, hits, KB for each hour and day of week),
*Â Domains/countries of hosts visitors (pages, hits, KB,Â 269 domains/countries detected, GeoIp detection),
*Â Hosts list, last visits and unresolved IP addresses list,
*Â Most viewed,Â entry andÂ exit pages,
*Â Files type,
*Â Web compressionÂ statistics (for mod_gzip or mod_deflate),
*Â OS used (pages, hits, KB for each OS,Â 35 OS detected),
*Â Browsers used (pages, hits, KB for each browser, each version (Web, Wap, Media browsers:Â 97 browsers, more than 450 if using browsers_phone.pm library file),
*Â Visits of robots (319 robots detected),
*Â Worms attacks (5 wormâ€™s families),
*Â Search engines,Â keyphrases andÂ keywords used to find your site (The 115 most famous search engines are detected like yahoo, google, altavista, etcâ€¦),
*Â HTTP errors (Page Not Found with last referrer, â€¦),
*Â Other personalized reports based on url, url parameters, referer field for miscellanous/marketing purpose,
* Number of times your site is â€œadded to favourites bookmarksâ€.
*Â Screen size (need to add some HTML tags in index page).
* Ratio of Browsers with support of:Â Java, Flash, RealG2 reader, Quicktime reader, WMA reader, PDF reader (need to add some HTML tags in index page).
* Cluster report for load balanced servers ratio.