The CUBRID Cluster will be a spin-off project of this CUBRID DBMS. The objective of CUBRID Cluster is to provide the linear scalability without altering the application.
This will be possible through location/failure/replication/relocation transparency by global schema. CUBRID Cluster will support the single database view while providing the multi access point to database.
The clustered database system can be scaled-up independently. Thus, applications will not have to consider the physical structure of the database any more.
CUBRID Cluster will also provide the distributed partition and better load balancing features.
Here are the key features that make CUBRID the most optimized database management system.
- High Availability (HA)
- Seamless HA services through automatic failover upon database failure or restore.
- System maintenance including OS, software upgrade and device replacement and expansion without service down time.
- Reduced hardware costs with the configuration of multiple master database nodes and one or more slave database nodes.
- Powerful backup features
- Offline and online full backup and 3-step incremental backup.
- Real-time compress backup and parallel backup/restore during failover.
- Restore transactions to a specific point in time or before the time of a failure.
- Fast disaster recovery.
- Perfect backup by interworking with various backup systems.
- Powerful optimizations and features for increased performance
- data types
- object identifiers (OIDs) designed for fast object access
- Java Stored Procedures
- Java based stored functions and procedures allowing the implementation of complex program logic easier than through SQL stored procedures.
- Reusal of the Java code and development environment for both the client and the server DB applications.
- Database independent and portable code through JDBC usage.
- CUBRID Manager for easy administration
- Management for the CUBRID Manager Server and Broker.
- Query management and analysis, tuning tools.
- Database management, backup and restore management
- Log analysis and reproduction tools.
- Platform-independent, consistent GUI across all operating systems.
- More features coming soon!
Download CUBRID Cluster
CUBRID 2008 R3.0 Beta is the latest version of CUBRID database released on July 20, 2010. The final stable version of R3.0 will be released by the end of September, 2010.
Currently the latestÂ stable release is CUBRID 2008 R2.2.
All installation packages are available for both platforms: Microsoft Windows and Linux. For all operating systems either 32-bit and 64-bit editions are available for download. In order to start downloading, choose your operating system below.