DC++ is an open source client for Windows for the Direct Connect network. Direct Connect allows you to share files over the Internet without restrictions or limits.
Firewall and router support is integrated and it is easy and convenient to use functionality like multi-hub connections, auto-connections and resuming of downloads.
Connecting is rather simple. Once you install the program, you create a nickname, set your share directory, and the number of upload slots you’d like to give. There’s a built-in public hub directory list to help users find communities they’re interested in, which is searchable by keyword. Commands, such as to register your nickname with the hub so nobody else can use it, are entered into the main chat window.
DC++ offers these improvements over its predecessors:
- Much more stable. DC++ wastes less memory, is faster, file size is smaller and long queue won’t freeze the whole program. Neo-Modus Direct Connect eats memory and resources.
- You can connect to many hubs at same time and search for files from all of them with same search.
- You can continue downloading the same file from other users if somebody leaves.
- You can see timestamps in the chat. Chat won’t jump to end when you roll back old messages.
- Bot messages wont popup new windows, you can also filter bot messages out.
- No Ads.
- Search is more versatile.
- Hublist is downloadable from multiple servers/sources.