DeltaCopy is an open source, fast incremental backup program. Let’s say you have to backup one file that is 500 MB every night. A normal file copy would copy the entire file even if a few bytes have changed. DeltaCopy, on the other hand, would only copy the part of file that has actually been modified. This reduces the data transfer to just a small fraction of 500 MB saving time and network bandwidth.
Unlike “rsync”, DeltaCopy is a only available for Windows and is tightly integrated with services available only on Microsoft platforms (NT4, XP, 2000 & 2003). Here is a list of features
- Incremental backup – Copies part of the file that is actually modified
- Task scheduler – Profiles in DeltaCopy can run based on a schedule
- Email notification – Administrators can receive email confirmation on successful as well as failed transfers
- One-click restore – Backed up files can be easily restored.
- Windows friendly environment – No need to manually modify configuration files or play around with command line options.
- XP, 2000, 2003, 2008, Vista and Windows 7. We have not tested DeltaCopy on Win9x.
- 10 MB hard disk
- 64 MB ram
- 1 GHz processor or better