DirSync Pro (Directory Synchronize Pro) is a small, but powerful utility for file and folder synchronization. DirSync Pro can be used to synchronize the content of one or many foldersÂ recursively.
Using DirSync Pro you can makeÂ incremental backups. In this way you’ll spare lots of time because you don’t have to copy all the files each time you want to update your backup; only new/modified/larger files would be copied.
Use DirSync Pro to easily synchronize files from your desktop PC to your USB-stick (PDA, Notebook, …). Use this USB-stick (PDA, Notebook, …) to synchronize files to another desktop PC.
Unlike many other synchronization software, DirSync Pro isÂ Open Source; it is 100% free of charge, 100% free of commercial text, 100% free of advertisements and 100% free of spyware. You can use it as long as you like, without any limitations in time or funcationality. You can freely distribute it according to GPL3.
DirSync Pro is programmed completely in platform independentÂ Javaâ„¢ so it can be run under nearlyÂ every modern operating system including Windowsâ„¢, Linuxâ„¢ and Macintoshâ„¢.
DirSync Pro has aÂ user-friendly User Interface which helps you configure many options to your needs. You can use DirSync Pro also through the command line which makes it very flexible for running in batches.
- Powerful synchronization algorithm.
- Bi-directional (Two way) and mono-directional (One way) synchronization mode.
- Predefined synchronzation modes for mostly used synchronizations
- Synchronize A -> B (incremental): Mirrors new and modified files from A to B.
- Synchronize B -> A (incremental): Mirrors new and modified files from B to A.
- Synchronize A <-> B (incremental): Mirrors new and modified files in directories A and B to each other.
- Backup A -> B (full): Makes a full copy of directory A into directory B.
- Restore B -> A (full): Makes a full copy of directory B into directory A.
- Contribute A -> B: Mirrors only new files from directory A into directory B.
- Contribute B -> A: Mirrors only the new files from directory B into directory A.
- Synchronize A -> B (custom): Custom mode to synchronize directory A into directory B with all advanced options.
- Synchronize B -> A (custom): Custom mode to synchronize directory B into directory A with all advanced options.
- Highly customizable custom synchronization modes.
- Option for various behavior of conflict resolution for Bidirectional Synchronization.
- Synchronizes unlimited number of folders.
- Large number of options to change the synchronization behavior.
- Option to synchonise subdirectories recursively.
- Synchronizes files/folders any file system (FAT, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, WinFS, UDF, Ext2, Ext3, …).
- Synchronizes files from/to network drives
- Synchronizes files from/to any mounted devices (Harddisks, USB-Sticks, Memory cards, External drives, CD/DVD’s, …).
- Synchronization could be used for making incremental backups.
- Option to create up to 50 backups from the modified/changed files before synchronization.
- Option to define a backup folder.
- Option for handling symbolic links.
- Option for handling time-stamps.
- Easy, clear and user-friendly graphical user interface, no unnecessary gadget you never use.
- Runs on every modern operating system including Windowsâ„¢, Linuxâ„¢ and Macintoshâ„¢
- It is Portable! It does not need any installation. Just run the application!
- Open source, it is 100% free of charge, 100% free of commercial text, 100% free of advertisements and 100% free of spyware.
- No time/function limitations
- Uses no local database, so no overhead
- Does not need any installation. Just download and run it. You can put it on you USB-stick en you can run it on any computer/any platform.
- Advanced logging/reporting facilities. Just select a log level and define where to write the log.
- Option to log on application level (default log)
- Option to log on each directory level (dir log)
- Option to define the log leven (how much to log)