Norton Ghost provides advancedÂ backup andÂ recovery for your computer. Protect your documents, financial records, presentations, photos, music, videos, historical documents, or any other kinds of data you keep on your computer by making aÂ backup of your computerâ€™s entire hard disk.
You can schedule backups to capture your changes automatically as you work from day to day.You can also easily configureÂ Norton Ghost to run aÂ backup in response to specific events. For example, abackup can be started when a particular application is started, or when a specified amount of new data has been added to the drive.
When you experience a problem with your computer, you can restore a file, folder, or an entire drive, to return your computer to a previous, working state with the operating system, applications, and data files intact. Or when you happen to accidently erase a valuable document, you will be able to restore it with a few simple steps.
Using easy-to-follow wizards, set up fast and reliable backups that run while you continue to work. Or schedule your backups to run after hours when you are no longer using your computer
Key Features ofÂ Norton Ghost 15.0:
- NEW!Â Cold Imaging lets you back up files without installingÂ Ghost.
- NEW!Â WindowsÂ® 7 support including support for Bitlockerâ„¢ provides enhanced data protection through drive encryption and integrity checking.
- NEW!Â Symantec ThreatCon integration leverages intelligence from Symantecâ€™s industry-leading security research organization to automaticallyÂ backup files whenever ThreatCon reaches a specified threat level.
- Full system (disk image)Â backup lets you easilyÂ backup everything on a hard drive or partition.
- FileÂ backup search finds and backs up only the types of files you choose, such as photos, MP3 files, and documents.
- OffsiteÂ backup copiesÂ recovery points to a FTP site for easier offsiteÂ backup management.
- Remote management lets you remotely control otherÂ Norton Ghost installations (12.0 and higher) on your local area network.
- Advanced compression automatically compresses files so you can store more files in less space.
- Norton Ghost Agent: 512 MB RAM
- Norton Ghost user interface andÂ Recovery Point Browser: 512 MB RAM
- SymantecÂ Recovery Disk: 1 GB RAM minimum (dedicated)
- LightsOut Restore: 1 GB RAM
- When you install the entire product: Up to 430 MB is required for a full install, depending on the language of the product you select.
- Recovery points: Sufficient hard disk space on a local hard disk or network server for storingrecovery points.
- The size ofÂ recovery points depends on the amount of data you have backed up and the type ofÂ recovery point that is stored.
- LightsOut Restore: 2 GB HDD space
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or later
- The following virtual platforms are supported: VMware Workstation 4, 5, and 6; VMware ESX 3.0, 3.5, and 4.0; VMware ESXi 3.5 and 4.0; VMware Server 1; Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 R2 and later; Microsoft Hyper-V 1.0 and 2.0;
Download Norton Ghost 15.0 - Free Trial for 30 days