EARTH Alerts is a Windows-based application that allows you toÂ monitorÂ in near real-time a variety of natural hazard events that are occurring anywhere around the world.Â Alert notifications, reports, and imagery provide the user with a convenient way to view natural phenomenon as they occur, whether close to home or some far-flung corner of the globe!
This disaster-watching program monitors onlineÂ information related to severe, extreme, and violentweather and natural disasters in near real time, notifies you aboutÂ alerts and updates, displays satellite data and imagery, and even lets you view the event in images and video.
Earth Alerts has an attractive, colorful display that is quite easy to get started with.
It delivers useful, up-to-the-minute data and images of a wide range of global phenomena. Itâ€™s easy to add any place onÂ Earth to its Locations to monitor, and thereâ€™s plenty to see and do with it, even when allâ€™s quiet on theÂ weather front.
Key Features ofÂ Earth Alerts:
- Global activity overview: earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanoes, and tropical cyclones (typhoons,Â Hurricanes, tropicalÂ storms, tropical depressions and other disturbances)
- overview: severeÂ weather including special tornado andÂ watches, volcanoes, wild land fires (wildfires), and landslide related hazards
- Activity for user-selected United States locations: local earthquakes; local wildland fires; localweather including NWSÂ weather/hazardÂ alerts, current conditions, forecasts and radar/satellite imagery
- Global locations (anywhere outside the U.S.): local earthquakes, localÂ weather including current conditions, forecasts and satellite imagery
- GoogleÂ Earth integrationÂ provides visualizations of recent earthquake events, volcanoes, tropical cyclones, wildland fires and severeÂ weather warnings.