Google Chrome have reached 10000 Extensions since its Launch. Â The Numbers shows that
- The gallery has grown to over 8,500 extensions and 1,500 themes.
- A third of Chrome users have at least one extension installed.
- Over 70 million extensions and themes have been installed.
On the client side, Google added features like:
- New APIs for things likeÂ context menus,Â history, andÂ cookies.
- Integration between extensions and HTML5 features likeÂ notifications andÂ geolocation.
- Extension sync, so your favorite extensions are always with you.
- Native support for GreasemonkeyÂ user scripts.
Looking forward, weâ€™re very excited about the chrome web store, where developers will be able to easily sell their apps, extensions, and themes.
And weâ€™re not going to slow down on the features, either. The next Chrome release will add API support for theÂ omnibox andÂ pinned tabs. Beyond that, weâ€™re hard at work on popular requests likeÂ network interception and download management APIs, as well as new experimental APIs forsidebars and development tools.