Before you can implement AdSense for search results within your own site, be sure to create the page where the search results will be displayed. If your web host or site application does not offer you the ability to create a separate URL for your search results, for example, if you are using Blogger, you will not be able to implement your search results within your page.
Once you have created the page where search results will be displayed, follow these steps:
- Log in to your account at https://www.google.com/adsense.
- Visit the AdSense Setup tab
- Choose AdSense for search as the product.
- During the first step of the guided setup, scroll down to the More options section and click the radio button marked Open results within my own site
- Enter the URL of the page that you have created in which you would like search results to appear. You must create this page yourself; it will not be created or displayed automatically on the URL you enter. If you are familiar with relative URLs, you are welcome to enter one instead of the full URL.
- Continue to choose any other options for your search box and results.
- Copy the code generated in the Your search box code box and paste it into the HTML source of the page where you would like to display the search box.
- Copy the code generated in the Your search results codebox and paste it into the HTML source of the page on which you would like to display the search results.
- Save your webpages
Note: Any AdSense for search settings or options that you have selected, including Competitive Ad Filters and site-flavoured search, will continue to work with search results in an IFRAME.