You can use this procedure to add a client reservation.
Membership in the Domain Admins group, or equivalent, is the minimum required to complete this procedure.
To add a client reservation
- Open DHCP.
- In the console tree, clickÂ Reservations.
- On theÂ Action menu, clickÂ New Reservation.
- InÂ New Reservation, type the information required to complete the client reservation.
- To add the client reservation to the scope, clickÂ Add.
- Repeat the previous two steps for any other client reservations you want to add, and then clickÂ Close.
When adding a reservation, the DHCP server checks for the address you enter in the database to make sure it is not currently in use by another client.
Reservations are applied on the basis of the DHCP client media access control (MAC) address for the applicable network connection. To locate this address, at the client computer, typeÂ ipconfig /all at a command prompt, and view the physical address for the connection. You can also right-click the connection in the Network Connections folder, and then selectÂ Properties to view this information.