To configure TCP/IP, follow these steps:
- ClickÂ Start, clickÂ Control Panel, clickÂ Network and Internet Connections, and then clickÂ Network Connections.
- Right-click the network connection that you want to configure, and then clickProperties.
- On theÂ General tab (for a local area connection), or theÂ Networking tab (for all other connections), clickÂ Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and then clickÂ Properties.
- If you want to obtain DNS server addresses from a DHCP server, clickÂ Obtain DNS server address automatically.
- If you want to manually configure DNS server addresses, clickÂ Use the following DNS server addresses, and then type the preferred DNS server and alternate DNS server IP addresses in theÂ Preferred DNS server andÂ Alternate DNS server boxes.