Create Virtual Directories in IIS 5.1
- ClickÂ Start, point toÂ Programs, click to selectÂ Administrative Tools, and then clickInternet Services Manager.
- Expand the server name.
- In the left pane, right-clickÂ Default Web Site, point toÂ New, and then clickÂ Virtual Directory.
- In the first screen of the Virtual Directory Creation Wizard, type an alias, or name, for the virtual directory (such as MyWebData), and then clickÂ Next.
- In the second screen, clickÂ Browse. Locate the content folder that you created to hold the content. ClickÂ Next.
- In the third screen, selectÂ Read and Run scripts (such as ASP). Make sure that the other check boxes are cleared. ClickÂ Finish to complete the wizard.
- For ASP content, you may want to confirm that an application was created. To do this, right-click the new virtual directory, and then clickÂ Properties.
- On theÂ Virtual Directory tab, make sure that the virtual directory name is listed in theApplication Name box underÂ Application Settings. If it is not, clickÂ Create. Note that the application name does not have to match the virtual directory alias.
- Close theÂ Properties dialog box.