Note To defragment a database, you must have free disk space that is at least 110 percent the size of the database that you want to process. To determine the free space that is required, follow these steps:
- Verify that the information store service is not running.
- At a command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
- Calculate the free space by multiplying the number of free pages by 4 KB.
- Subtract the figure that you obtained in step 3 from the physical size of the database.
- The figure that you obtained in step 4 represents the data in the database. Multiply this figure by 1.10 (110 %). The sum total is the space that you require to defragment the database.
- To determine the approximate time that is required to defragment the database, divide the figure that you obtained in step 3 by 9 GB (9, 000,000,000) per hour.
Note 9 GB per hour is the speed at which the Eseutil utility runs.