Automatically diagnose and repair problems with files and folders in Windows, like deleting files or folders from the recycle bin, or trying to copy, move, rename or delete a file.
What it fixes…
- You cannot empty the Recycle Bin or delete a file or a folder inside the Recycle Bin.
- When you try to rename or move a file, you receive the following error message: “The file or folder does not exist.”
- When you copy, move, rename, or delete a file on a network share, you receive the following error message: “There is a network or file permission error. The network connection may be lost” or “The folder does not exist. The file may have been moved or deleted. Do you want to create it?”
- Your View settings or customizations for one or more folders may be lost or incorrect.
- You cannot use keyboard shortcuts to select more than one item in Windows Explorer, or you cannot select multiple items in a Windows Explorer window by holding the SHIFT key or the CTRL key while you click the items.
- Some icons in My Computer, in Windows Explorer, on the desktop, or on the Quick Launch Bar change randomly.
Microsoft Fix it – Instruction to Run
- Click theÂ Run now button below
- Then follow the onscreen prompts to launch