To access yourÂ tracking code fromÂ within yourÂ Google Analytics account:
- Log in toÂ Google Analytics atÂ http://www.google.com/analytics
- From theÂ Overview page, select the account that has the profile for theÂ tracking code youâ€™re looking for, as theÂ code is profile-specific.
- Select the profile from the accountsÂ Overview page.
- From that profileâ€™sÂ Actions column, clickÂ Edit
- At the top right of the â€˜Main Website Profile Informationâ€™ box, clickÂ Check Status
- YourÂ tracking code can be copied and pasted from the text box in theÂ Instructions for addingtracking section
When adding yourÂ tracking code to your web pages, make sure to paste it into the body section of your HTMLÂ code, immediately preceding the </body> tag if you use the ga,jsÂ code. If you use the asynchronousÂ code, you should add it immediately preceding the </head> tag.
To view a demo on how toÂ find yourÂ tracking code fromÂ within yourÂ Google Analytics account, please watch the video below. Click the screen sizing button below the YouTube screen if you want to view it in full screen mode