Follow the instructions below to generate a CSR on Exchange Server 2010 . When you have completed generating your CSR, cut/copy and paste the certificate content into the CSR field on the SSL certificate-request page.
Exchange Server 2010 requires a Multiple Domain (UCC) Certificate to run all services securely.
To Generate your Certificate Signing Request
- Start the Exchange Management Console by going toÂ Start >Â Programs >Â Microsoft Exchange 2010 >Â Exchange Management Console.
- ClickÂ Manage Databases.
- SelectÂ Server Configuration, and then selectÂ New Exchange Certificate.
- Enter a friendly name to identify this certificate, and then clickÂ Next.
- From theÂ Domain Scope section, select if your CSR is for a wildcard. If so, skip the next step. Otherwise, clickÂ Next.
- From theÂ Exchange Configuration menu, select the services you want to run securely, enter the names you use to connect to those services, and then clickÂ Next.
- Complete the following fields, and then clickÂ Next.
- Organization â€” The full legal name of your company or organization
- Organization unit â€” The organization within the company responsible for the certificate
- Country/City/State â€” The company’s country, city, and state. If you do not have a state or province, enter your city information.
- ClickÂ Browse to save the CSR to your computer, clickÂ Save, clickÂ Next, clickÂ New, and then clickÂ Finish.
You can open the CSR file with any text editor to complete your certificate request.