You can configure IP addresses to log on to the configuration utility and for user connections.
The Access Gateway is configured with a default IP address of 192.168.100.1 and subnet mask of 255.255.0.0 for management access. The default IP address is used whenever a user-configured value for the systemâ€™s IP address is absent.
- System IP address. The management IP address for the Access Gateway that is used for all management-related access to the appliance.
- Mapped IP address. Used by the Access Gateway to represent the user device when communicating with servers in the secure network.
- Default gateway. The router that forwards traffic from outside the secure network to the Access Gateway.
- Subnet IP address. Represents the user device by communicating with a server on a secondary network. This is similar to the mapped IP address.
The system IP address, the mapped IP address, and default gateway are configured using the Setup Wizard.
The Access Gateway sources traffic from IP addresses based on the function that is occurring. As a general guideline, the Access Gateway sources from the following:
- Authentication uses the system IP address
- File transfers from the home page use the system IP address
- DNS and WINS queries use either the mapped IP address or subnet IP address
- Network traffic to resources in the secure network use the mapped IP address, the subnet IP address, or IP pooling that depends on the configuration on the Access Gateway
- ICA proxy setting uses the mapped IP address or subnet IP address