Cookies are veryÂ importantÂ for many sites to function properly in your browser. If you block cookies then many functionalities of the website may stop working , like login to the website,checking emails,etc.. So you have to be very careful while Disabling Cookies in your browser.
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard disk by a website. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a website or web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer.
The Advantages of a cookie is often used to personalize your visit to a website or to save you time. For example, to facilitate a purchase the cookie could contain shopping cart information such as your current selection, as well as contact information such as your name or e-mail address. To help websites track individual visitors, cookies often contain a unique identifier. It is up to the website that created the cookie to disclose to you what information is stored in the cookie and how that information is used.
To block all cookies:
- In Internet Explorer, click theÂ Tools button, clickÂ Internet Options, and then click theÂ Privacy tab.
- Move the slider up toÂ Block All Cookies. On this setting, websites will not be able to store cookies on your computer.
The below screenshot will give you a detailed idea.
Removing Old Cookies
As shown in the below picture and instruction given below you can remove your old cookies.
- In Internet Explorer, click theÂ Tools button, and then clickÂ Internet Options.
- On theÂ General tab, UnderÂ Browsing History, clickÂ Delete. In theÂ Delete Browsing History dialog box, select theCookies check box and then clickÂ Delete.
- SelectÂ Preserve Favorites website data to keep cookies associated with your saved favorites from being removed.
- ClickÂ OK to confirm deletion of all cookies in the Temporary Internet Files folder.