A distribution list is a group of e-mail addresses that you create and add to your Outlook Address Book as a single e-mail address. When you send a message to a distribution list, it goes to every e-mail address in the list.
Do one of the following:
- Create a distribution list by using names in your Address Book
- On theÂ File menu, point toÂ New, and then clickÂ Distribution List.
- In theÂ Name box, type a name.
- On theÂ Distribution List tab, clickÂ Select Members.
- In theÂ Address Book drop-down list, click the address book that contains the e-mail addresses you want in your distribution list.
- In theÂ Search box, type a name that you want to include. In the list below, click the name, and then click Members. Do this for each person whom you want to add to the distribution list, and then clickÂ OK.
If you want to include a longer description of the distribution list, on theÂ Distribution List tab, clickÂ Notes, and then add it .
The distribution list is saved in yourÂ Contacts folder by the name that you give it.
- Create a distribution list by copying names from an e-mail message
- In the e-mail message that you want to copy the names from, select the names in theÂ To orÂ Cc box.
- Right-click your selection, and then clickÂ Copy on the shortcut menu.
- Click theÂ Microsoft Office Button, and underÂ Create New Outlook Item, clickÂ Distribution list.
- On theÂ Distribution List tab, in theÂ Members group, clickÂ Select Members.
- At the bottom of theÂ Select Members dialog box, in theÂ Members box, right-click and then clickÂ Paste on the shortcut menu.
NOTE A member does not need to be in your Address Book in order to be added to the distribution list. The member’s name and e-mail address will be included when you copy and paste from the original e-mail message.
- ClickÂ OK.
- In theÂ Name box, type a name for the distribution list.
- On theÂ Distribution List tab, in theÂ Actions group, clickÂ Save & Close.