Last few days i was trying to update my pligg site. finally i got it done yesterday with out any problems.
To upgrade your pligg site just follow the following instructions.
Please be sure to make a backup of your MySQL databases and files before upgrading to the latest version of Pligg. Some upgrades might require that you upgrade your MySQL database, so please make backups whenever upgrading.
These instructions do not support upgrading your template. Template upgrades require manual changes and should be carefully handled by the template author.
- Backup your mysql database
- Backup your old pligg files
- Rename your template folder from any default names that might cause the data to be overwritten. For example if you have a custom template still in the “wistie” directory it will be overwritten when upgrading.
- Disable all of the modules from your admin panel.
You will need to re-enable them after upgrade.
- Delete all of the files from your server EXCEPT:
- /avatars/ (entire directory)
- Upload all of the 1.0 files to your server.
If you are able to I suggest uploading a zip file to the server and extracting it server-side.
This is both the fastest and most full-proof method.
- Confirm that the CHMOD permissions for the following files or folders are all set to 777.
- Run the upgrade from /install/upgrade.php
If there are no error messages, delete the /install directory from your web server.
- Log in as a “god” level user.
In some cases you may already be logged in from your previous version of Pligg.
- Either update your template to work with the latest version or navigate to /admin/admin_config.php?page=Template and change the template name to “wistie”
- Re-activate the disabled modules from step 4, navigate to /admin/admin_modules.php