The following example describes how to use Delprof.exe to delete user profiles on a remote computer that is named Server1. Note that if you do not specify a computer in the command, Delprof.exe defaults to the local computer.
- ClickÂ Start, point toÂ Programs, point toÂ Accessories, and then clickÂ Command Prompt.
- At the command prompt, typeÂ delprof /p /c:\\server1, and then press ENTER. For each cached user profile on Server1, a message is displayed in the command prompt window that prompts you to confirm its deletion. For example, you receive a message that is similar to the following message:Delete \\SERVER1\D$\Documents and Settings\User1? (Yes/No/All)
- Complete one of the following actions for each user profile that you are prompted to delete:
- TypeÂ y, and then press ENTER if you want to delete the profile.
- TypeÂ n, and then press ENTER if you do not want to delete the profile.
- TypeÂ exit, and then press ENTER to quit the command prompt.