This topic helps you troubleshoot an unsuccessful RPC over HTTP connection. This article explains how to verify that the RPC proxy server is configured to use basic authentication.
If your clients are repeatedly prompted for their credentials, verify that the RPC proxy server is configured to use basic authentication. Follow steps below.
To verify that RPC proxy virtual server is configured to use basic authentication
- Start theÂ Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- ExpandÂ computername (local computer), expandÂ Web Sites, expand the Web site where the Rpc application is configured, right-clickÂ Rpc, and then clickÂ Properties.
- Click theÂ Directory Security tab, and then clickÂ Edit underÂ Authentication and access control.
- Click to clear theÂ Enable anonymous access check box if it is selected.
- Click to select theÂ Basic authentication (password is sent in clear text) check box. You receive the following message:
The authentication option you have selected results in passwords being transmitted over the network without data encryption. Someone attempting to compromise your system security could use a protocol analyzer to examine user passwords during the authentication process. For more detail on user authentication, consult the online help. This warning does not apply to HTTPS (orSSL) connections.
Are you sure you want to continue?
- ClickÂ OK two times.