It is very important toÂ white listÂ domain for sending mails, otherwise all your mail will go to the spam folder. The guide lines are available with all major email service providers like gamil,yahoo, hotmail etc.
Here i am going to list a few important points by which you can avoid your mails to go to spam folder.
- The basic work start from your end. You Â have to validate the email address which is coming to our system. It can be achived by a script in your system.Â Â This script verifies user as well as domain. This will reduce the bounce , will also solve “500″ range SMTP code
- Use a consistent IP address1 to send mails.
- Keep valid reverse DNS2 records for the IP address(es) from which you send mail, pointing to your domain.
- Authenticate mail server with Â SPF record, DKIM or DomainKeys for all our mail servers, this will enable one more layer of trust between email service providers and our domain.
- Use the same address in the ‘From:’ header on every bulk mail you send
- Each user on your distribution list should opt to receive messages from you in one of the following ways (opt-in):
- Through an email asking to subscribe to your list.
- By manually checking a box on a web form, or within a piece of software.