HTML Snapshot ActiveX was designed for capturing and converting html webpages, into images. It uses Internet Exlorers functionality to take a screenshot of a web page. It downloads the web page first, and then capture it as image.
The greatest thing about it is that the whole page can be captured without the scroll bars, and that is very useful for web designers, who need to check out how the page layout is displayed in different browsers. This tool also allows you to choose any other resolution, in case you want it to capture only an area of the page.
It can be integrated intoÂ applications written in languages that support ActiveX Component such as Visual C++, Visual Basic, Delphi, C++ Builder, .Net languages, Java, etc.
Key Features of HTML Snapshot 2.1.2010.1015:
- Directly save the web page at a given URL into image in bmp, jpeg, tiff, gif or png format. (i.e. html to image, html to jpg, html to image, html to tiff, html to png etc)
- Directly convert html string to images.
- Directly convert MHT web archive to image in bmp, jpeg, tiff, gif or png format
- Support saving the whole html page to image without scrollbars.
- Create thumbnail images from large images.
- Get links, title, cookie or html source of a page
- Get the html document DOM interface
- Make gray or black and white images
- Reduce color number in images while keeping better quality.
- Support compressing images into jpg, tiff, gif or png in memory without temporary files created.
- Support JPEG compression level and TIFF compression method selection
- Convert vector graphics WMF, EMF, SVG and VML to bmp, jpg, jpeg, tiff, gif or png
- Convert html to vector image format like EMF and WMF
- Convert html to transparent GIF
- Convert html to image with an existing webbrowser control
- Automatically clip the image by removing white area in the html generated image
- Rich examples in VC, Delphi, VB, VB.Net, C#, ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, Perl, Python, Cold Fusion, PowerBuilder, FoxPro, Windev, VB and Java script as well as Java and Ruby are provided.
- Small footprint (less than 300k) for web application
- Support Windows Vista and IE7 now
- Convert html to text
- Support Windows X64 edition (under x64 window)
- Draw text watermark after converting html to image
- Support http authentication
- Support converting html to multiple page TIFF
- Support smoothing
- Support proxy
- Support windows 7 and IE8