Maxthon is a web browser for Microsoft Windows. The latest release, Maxthon 3, supports both the Trident and the WebKit rendering engines.
Maxthon has developed a growing user base since its initial release in 2003, especially in China, so that in 2006, Maxthon 2.0 gained support of several sponsors. In January 2006, Maxthon developers partnered with Microsoft in its booth at the Consumer Electronics Show.
Maxthon won its first WebWare 100 Award in 2005. Subsequently, it won the WebWare 100 Award in 2008Â and 2009.
Maxthon Internet Browser software is a powerful tabbed browser with a highly customizable interface. It is based on the Internet Explorer browser engine (your most likely current web browser) which means that what works in the IE browser will work the same in Maxthon tabbed browser but with many additional efficient features:
The Ultimate Out-of-box Experience
- Easy to use and powerful straight out of the box
- Download now for free, forever!
Maxthon Works the Way You Want It To
- Swap, add, move, remove, and change Maxthon’s tool bars, icons, menus, colors, skins, and layouts until it looks the way you would have designed it.
- Don’t like menus? Use hot keys, word aliases, toolbars, or mouse gestures – it’s all up to you.
- Pick from more than 1,400 plug-ins that make Maxthon the do-all of browsers.
- Remote conferencing, screen capture, electronic passports, and automatic password inlcuded, free.
- Maxthon is 100% free of viruses, spyware, adware Ã¢â‚¬â€œ any kind of malware.
- The built-in Ad Hunter blocks harmful, or just irritating ads, images and pages.
- Filter packs screen out offensive and irritating Web pages.