MySQL Community Edition is the freely downloadable version of the world’s most popular open source database. It is available under the GPL license and is supported by a huge and active community of open source developers.
MySQL Cluster Community Edition is available as a separate download. The reason for this change is so that MySQL Cluster can provide more frequent updates and support using the latest sources of MySQL Cluster Carrier Grade Edition.
The MySQL Community Edition includes:
- Pluggable Storage Engine Architecture
- Multiple Storage Engines:
- NDB (MySQL Cluster)
- and more
- MySQL Replication for improving application performance and scalability
- MySQL Partitioning to improve performance and management of large database applications
- Stored Procedures to improve developer productivity
- Triggers to enforce complex business rules at the database level
- Views to ensure sensitive information is not compromised
- Information Schema to provide easy access to metadata
- MySQL Connectors (ODBC, JDBC, .NET, etc) for building applications in multiple languages
- MySQL Workbench for visual modeling, SQL development and administration
Available on over 20 platforms and operating systems including Linux, Unix, Mac and Windows.