Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL Licence.
It also gives the extra functionality to the general user: colorize the user defined words. You can print your source code in color (or whatever you want) if you have a color printer (WYSIWYG). Furthermore,Â Notepad++ includes the multi-view feature, which allows the user to edit the different documents at the same time, and even edit the same document synchronously in 2 different views.
Notepad++ supports drag and drop: not only you can drop the file from explorer to open it, but also you can drag and drop a document from a view to another. With all the functionalities,Â Notepad++ runs as fast as Notepad provided by MS Windows.
Key Features of Notepad++ 5.8.5:
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag ‘N’ Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
Notepad++ v5.8.5 fixed bugs (from v5.8.4):
- Fix Shell Extension (32 bits) icon absent issue.
- Fix the crash problem if config.xml is not present.
- Fix tab settings not saved under Windows 7 problem.
- Fix localization switching under Windows 7 problem.
- Fix x64 system files problems : not included in recent file history list while closing a file.
- Fix x64 system files problems : not remembered in the next session problem.
- Fix the search direction not being memorized problem.
- Modify File Association dialog UI.
- Fix the initial document encoding is not set by “New Document Settings”.