NUnit is a unit-testing framework for all .Net languages. Initially ported fromÂ JUnit, the current production release, version 2.5, is the sixth major release of this xUnit based unit testing tool for Microsoft .NET. It is written entirely in C# and has been completely redesigned to take advantage of many .NET language features, for example custom attributes and other reflection related capabilities. NUnit brings xUnit to all .NET languages.
It loads test assemblies in separate application domain hence we can test an application without restarting the NUnit test tools. The NUnit further watches a file/assembly change events and reload it as soon as they are changed. With these features in hand a developer can perform develop and test cycles sides by side.
NUnit 2.5.9 is the current production release.
The following types of downloads are provided:
- Windows installer packages (markedÂ win) are for use on Windows under Microsoft .NET.
- Zipped source packages (src) are provided for those who plan to contribute to the NUnit project or to modify NUnit for their own use.
- For some releases, we provide a zipped package for use underÂ Mono.
- Zipped binary releases (bin) include binaries for Microsoft .NET as well as documentation, and are intended for use by teams that prefer to place NUnit into their source code management system.
- Separate documentation packages (doc) are provided starting with NUnit 2.4.2. Since all the other packages include documentation, this is only useful for those wanting to review the docs first.